Friday, February 20, 2009

Frog Fish

On a second dive at Yellow Submarine today we saw our first “Frog Fish”. These guys are so ugly they are cute.

20-Frog-1

But again I get ahead of myself. The day started with me running around to the local hardware store to get the required hardware to hang the batiks that Trudy brought down on this trip. After three trips I think I have the required solution. I will post of photo once I get them hung.

After lunch we went down to the dive shop and talked to one of the employees who gave us specific directions on where to find the Frog Fish. We geared up and headed out to the location and started our search. After about 20 minutes I gave up and we did a dive on the house reef again. After the dive one of the managers “Asko” questioned me about finding the Frog Fish. I said I wanted my money back, as we couldn’t locate it. One of the other dive instructors, “Maarten” was taking a student out on a dive and Asko told him to take us to the fish. We both geared back up and headed out to the water again. This time the instructor was able able to locate one of the three fishes that are located in front of the dive shop. These fish do no move much and have been know to send years in a single area. Trudy and I spend a few minutes and I was able to get a few shots on the critter.

20-angel

20-drum-1

20-drum-2

20-angel-2

20-trunk

The day ended at my favourite restaurant, “Bobbe Jan”, for the usual steak dinner.

Life is good!

No comments: