Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Dive – Buoyancy Check

Today we finally made our first dive. On Bonaire all shore divers are required to perform a buoyancy check dive where you demonstrate that you can control your buoyancy on the surface. Once you have performed this basic skill you can go off and do a dive on the “house reef”; but I am getting ahead of myself.

The day started early for me; when I got up this morning it was raining, pretty heavily. I cleaned the front window, and puttered around waiting for Trudy to wake up. We went into town to check the Internet out at “Telbo” head office, which is the supplier of the wireless access at our unit. I was able to connect and so I reported the problem to the Help Desk. I have no idea when the problem will be fixed at our end. Trudy and I sat in the truck, windows up, in the rain, surfing the Internet and making a few calls on Skype.

After lunch we did the dive at the Yellow Submarine House Reef. For a dive that was directly in front of our unit it was a very enjoyable dive. We got to see a small Turtle, who let us swim with him for a long time. Considering that we didn’t see a Turtle last November it was god to see one again.

The first shot is of a Trumpet Fish

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then the shots of the Turtle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally a shot of Trudy and the Turtle.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: