Saturday, February 21, 2009

Boat Dive

Today we did a two tank boat dive over to Klien Bonaire, which means “Little Bonaire”. It is a small uninhabited island just off of Bonaire, with healthy reefs for diving. The last hurricane that hit Bonaire did some damage to some of the shore diving locations on Bonaire, but on Klien many of the sites were protected, and thus less damage.

The afternoon was spend running around doing some shopping in town. We had a meal at “It Rains Fishes”, which is usually a good meal. Trudy had a lovely Wahoo with spicy a Creole sauce, and I had a T-Bone steak. The steak was undercooked, but I like red meat rare; but the real problem was the steak was mostly fat. They also forgot my French fries, which I had to ask for. This all ended well, as the waiter asked if my meal was good at the end and I told her about the problems. She talked to the manager who came over, and ended up removing the cost of my meal from the bill. I think this was over and above what was necessary, but I was happy; we will return.

No comments: